- Nancy T. Watts Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Advancing Interprofessional Education and Practice
- New Investigator Award
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Research
- Excellence in Research Mentoring Award
- Teaching Excellence Academy for Learning
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Leadership Award
Faculty Award for Excellence in Research
About this Award
The award will be announced and presented at Faculty Convocation. The awardee will be presented with a financial token of appreciation and a commemorative plaque. This award will only be given when there is a qualified candidate and does not have to be given every year. The Faculty Award for Excellence in Research honors a distinguished Institute faculty member who has a sustained distinctive program of research that is recognized nationally and internationally. The award is presented at the fall Faculty Convocation.
Purpose of the Award
To honor a distinguished MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) faculty member who has a sustained distinctive program of research that is recognized nationally and internationally for; 1) creating new knowledge that significantly impacts the scientific basis of his or her field of practice, and 2) advances the research mission of the IHP.
- Candidates eligible for this award must hold an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level.
- Has a sustained program of research while at the Institute that contributes to the IHP research mission.
- Has undertaken research that, has enhanced the reputation of the Institute and has not received the award previously.
- Received substantial research funding as a principal investigator (PI).
A selection committee will evaluate the nominees' qualification for evidence of:
- Number and quality of peer-reviewed publications.
- Citations of their work by others in the field.
- Received substantial research funding as principal investigator (PI).
- Research mentor to IHP faculty, colleagues and students.
- Recognized nationally and internationally as outstanding in their field of research.
Please assemble the following items into a single PDF and email it to the Office of the Provost by April 15:
- Name, Title, School/Dept of Nominee with 250 word nomination letter that tell us why they deserve this research award. Provide specific examples that address the award criteria.
- Letter of support from the Department Chair/Program Director.
- The nominee’s CV/Biosketch.
- Digital copies of up to 4 publications that best illustrate the nominee’s influence over the research in his or her field with a brief paragraph describing the same.