Professional Recognition of Faculty
MGH Institute faculty contribute to their disciplines in a variety of ways, and a number of our faculty have been recognized with some of the very highest honors bestowed by their professions.
Communication Sciences and Disorders
The American Academy of Nursing, National Academies of Practice (NAP), and NLN Academy of Nursing Education honor individuals who have made enduring and substantial contributions to nursing and nursing education. They honor active nursing leaders in education, management, practice, and research.
Several MGH Institute faculty are recipients of these awards.
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) recognizes occupational therapists who with their knowledge and expertise have made a significant contribution to the continuing education and professional development of members of the Association.
Several MGH Institute faculty are recipients of AOTA awards.
The American Physical Therapy Association, through its honors and awards program, formally recognizes individuals whose contributions to the profession or to the Association are outstanding and substantial. The Association's honors and awards provide national attention and recognition for the contributions of the recipients and serve to enhance the reputation and public awareness of the entire profession. Association honors and awards represent the highest level of peer recognition.
Several MGH Institute faculty are recipients of APTA awards.
Teaching awards to consider from both the MGH Institute and outside professional organizations.
MGH Institute of Health Professions Awards
- The Kennedy Center/Stephen Sondheim Inspirational Teacher Awards (student nominated)
- The Robert Foster Cherry Award at Baylor University
Massachusetts Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award
- Novice Faculty Excellence in Didactic Teaching Award
- Novice Faculty Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Excellence Award
- Dorothy Baethke-Eleanor J. Carlin Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching
- Margaret L. Moore Award for Outstanding New Academic Faculty Member
- Signe Brunnstrom Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching
- James A. Gould Excellence in Teaching Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Award
View the complete list of awards presented by AOTA. AOTA Awards related to teaching are:
- Outstanding Mentor Award
- Distinguished Fieldwork Educator Award
- Retired Educators Award