Applying to a graduate program in the health professions is a rigorous process and represents a big decision.
Whether you hold a bachelor's degree and are new to the health professions, or are a practicing health professional or educator, we're here to help. The IHP continues to set the standard for an exceptional graduate education in the health sciences. We look forward to assisting you throughout the application process.
|Attend an Event||admissions [at] mghihp.edu (Email Admissions)class="btn-lg btn"||Live Chat with Us|
Upcoming Admissions Events
The heart of healthcare in Boston
Boston is a vibrant city for living and learning. Put yourself at the center of healthcare practice and innovation. The IHP offers unparalleled opportunities to work alongside practicing clinicians in over 600 clinical sites, at Mass General Brigham and beyond. In addition, our faculty are recognized nationally and internationally for their leadership and will offer you personalized attention in a rigorous, collaborative learning environment.
Our staff is available to assist you by phone, email, or a virtual meeting.
Information for Prospective International Students
We welcome applications from international students with strong academic backgrounds who strive for excellence in their chosen health care professions. Here at the Institute, will you receive superior training in your field and have the opportunity to immerse yourself in U.S. culture in historic Boston.
The Institute considers you to be an international student if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. International students who enroll at the Institute are supported in F-1 non-immigrant status in order to study full-time in the U.S.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP)
- Master of Science in Genetic Counseling (MS-GC)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Direct-Entry Master of Science in Nursing (DEN-Masters)
Specific admissions requirements for each program can be found on the degree program pages.
Due to program structure, the following programs cannot support F-1 non-immigrant status:
School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Literacy and Language
- Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Audiology
School of Nursing
- Post-NP/MSN Certificate of Advanced Study
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing (Post BSN)
- Master of Science – Leadership in Nursing Administration
- Master of Science – Leadership in Nursing Education
School of Healthcare Leadership
- Master of Science in Health Professions Education
- PhD in Health Professions Education
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science in Healthcare Data Analytics
- Continuing Professional Development
- Online Prerequisites for the Health Professions
Students who wish to study in a non-immigrant status other than F-1 should discuss their intentions with International Student Services.
General information regarding policies and procedures for securing an F-1 visa to study in the U.S. can be found on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website and at their Study in the States website.
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of over 400 advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. We encourage you to visit your local center for information on selecting the U.S. college or university that meets your needs, understanding, and preparing for the required admissions tests, assistance in the admission process, advice on finding financial aid for your studies, preparation for the student visa process, and pre-departure orientations.