New Investigator Award
About this Award
The award will be announced and presented at the year-end meeting of all faculty. The awardee will be presented with a financial token of appreciation and a commemorative plaque. This award will only be given when there is a qualified candidate and does not have to be given every year.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of this award is to honor an MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) faculty member who has achieved distinction in the early stages of a research career by developing a program of research that is recognized for 1) creating new knowledge that significantly impacts the scientific basis of his or her field of practice, and 2) advancing the research mission of the IHP. Nominees will be evaluated based on the scope and impact of their research programs.
All Institute faculty, research and academic staff are eligible to nominate their colleagues for this award.
- Holds an appointment of at least 0.5 FTE.
- Completed a terminal degree or postdoctoral training within the last ten years.
- Research activity has been largely accomplished while at the Institute and contributes to the IHP research mission.
- Has not received the award previously.
- Evidence of a clear programmatic line of research.
- Number and quality of peer-reviewed publications.
- A record of external grant writing.
- Internal and/ or external research funding.
Please assemble the following items into a single ELECTRONIC packet and email it to the Office of the Provost by May 1:
- Name, Title, School/Dept of Nominee and 250 words that tell us why they deserve this research award. Provide specific examples that address the award criteria.
- The nominee’s CV.
- Digital copies of up to 3 publications that best illustrate the nominee’s influence over research in the field including a brief paragraph describing the impact of each publication.
- A letter of support from the nominee’s department chair.
The Research Operations Committee will serve as the review committee for this award.