Faculty Awards and Honors
Each year the Institute recognizes outstanding faculty for special recognition of their achievements in research, teaching and interprofessional education and practice. Nominations for faculty awards, with the exception of the TEAL award, are due May 1 and will be presented at Faculty Convocation.
- Nancy T. Watts Award for Excellence in Teaching - honors a distinguished Institute faculty member who has excelled in meeting the excellence in teaching criteria and is recognized by students, faculty colleagues, and other members of the community.
- Award for Excellence in Advancing Interprofessional Education and Practice - honors an individual or team that has distinguished itself in advancing interprofessional education or practice (IPE/P) within, or in collaboration with, MGH Institute of Health Professions.
- New Investigator Award - honors an Institute faculty member who has achieved distinction in the early stages of a research career.
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Research - honors a distinguished Institute faculty member who has a sustained distinctive program of research that is recognized nationally and internationally.
- Excellence in Mentoring Award - honors an MGH IHP faculty who has excelled as mentor. Mentoring could include research mentoring, career and promotion advice, professional development and networking, and guidance on integrating teaching and research.
- Teaching Excellence Academy for Learning (TEAL) - Due December 15. Fellows come from any academic program and rank, and if chosen, are asked to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning and provide mentorship to early career faculty.