The MGH Institute Direct-Entry Master of Science in Nursing program welcomes applications from individuals holding a bachelor’s degree but no nursing experience. The intensive, three-year program culminates in both a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing.
For Program Starting: Fall 2021
The NursingCAS Application Cycle 2020-2021 is now: Open
The Application Deadline: December 1, 2020*
The Direct-Entry Master of Science in Nursing program participates in NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing. All students are required to apply to NursingCAS.
Updates to the application requirements and related policies due to COVID-19, can be found here.
Items to submit directly to NursingCAS:
- Application with the application fee
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GRE score report (program code 2198)
- Reference letters (2)
- Personal Statement
- Diversity Statement
- MGH Institute Custom Questions
*In order to be eligible for review, NursingCAS applications must be completed on or prior to the deadline. Please note: you should allow several weeks for all required documents to be received and processed by NursingCAS.
The MGH IHP is committed to accepting students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. The application materials submitted should reflect the applicants complete academic background, outline their motivation for pursuing a nursing career, and inspire confidence that the applicant will be successful at IHP. All materials submitted are carefully reviewed after a file is complete, and a variety of factors are used to determine eligibility, including:
- Overall baccalaureate grade point average above 2.70 or Overall graduate grade point average above 3.30
- Cumulative average of grades in prerequisite courses above 2.0
- Completion of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with minimum scores of:
– 135 on Verbal Assessment
– 135 on Quantitative Assessment
– 3.5 on Analytical Writing
- Ability to write clearly, logically and with good grammar and spelling
- Documentation of overcoming significant life challenges
- Service to the community
- Evidence of compassion, leadership and professionalism
- Understanding and commitment to inclusivity
- Consistently strong references