MGH Institute’s 16-month Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing welcomes applications from individuals holding a bachelor’s degree in any field. Prior nursing education or experience is not required.
Important Application Dates
For Program Starting: Spring 2021 (January)
The 2019-2020 NursingCAS application cycle is closed
For Program Starting: Summer 2021 (May)
The 2020-2021 NursingCAS application cycle is open*
The Application Review is Rolling
*Please review specific application requirement changes below for the summer 2021 cycle.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program participates in NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing. All students are required to apply to NursingCAS.
Updates to the application requirements and related policies due to COVID-19, can be found here.
Items to submit directly to NursingCAS:
- Application with the application fee
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- Reference letters (2)
- Personal Statement
- Diversity Statement
- MGH Institute Custom Questions
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Exam (official scores) (Required for the Summer 2021 Application Cycle Only)
Items to submit either to NursingCAS or MGH Institute Admission's Office:
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) (official scores) (Required for the Summer 2021 Application Cycle Only)
Admission Eligibility and Review Process
The MGH IHP is committed to accepting students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. The application materials submitted should reflect the applicants complete academic background, outline their motivation for pursuing a nursing career, and inspire confidence that the applicant will be successful at IHP. All materials submitted are carefully reviewed after a file is complete, and a variety of factors are used to determine eligibility, including:
- Overall baccalaureate grade point average above 2.70 or Overall graduate grade point average above 3.30
- Cumulative average of grades in prerequisite courses above 2.0
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Exam with a minimum score of Proficient for admission consideration. (Summer 2021 Application Cycle ONLY)
- Ability to write clearly, logically and with good grammar and spelling
- Documentation of overcoming significant life challenges
- Service to the community
- Evidence of compassion, leadership and professionalism
- Understanding and commitment to inclusivity
- Consistently strong references