The MGH Institute welcomes applications from individuals holding a Bachelor’s degree who seek to enter a career in speech-language therapy.
Our professional staff provide information and answer questions you have during the admission and financial aid process, and ongoing information on tuition and fees.
For Program Starting: Fall 2018
The Application Deadline is: January 1, 2018
The Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders program at MGH Institute of Health Professions participates in the CSD Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS). All applicants are required to apply online through CSDCAS. Please note:
- When applying through CSDCAS, please do not list any overseas schools attended as part of a study abroad program.
- Although we have an application deadline of January 1, 2017, please try to get all application materials submitted to CSDCAS at least 3-4 weeks before the application deadline in order to allow time for CSDCAS processing.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions about applying to the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program
Applying to MGH Institute of Health Professions is a two-part process, as follows:
- Items to submit directly to CSDCAS:
- Application with application fee
- Official Transcripts
- Recommendation letters
- Statement of Intent
- GRE Test Score (Program code: 0737)
2. Information to submit directly to MGH Institute of Health Professions:
- Complete and submit our supplemental application.
- Any coursework and subsequent transcripts that become available after your file has been verified and released to us by CSDCAS.
We do not begin to review applications until the application deadline, and we do not have rolling admissions. Decisions about admission are made after all applications are reviewed.
Each application is reviewed in its entirety independently by at least two members of the faculty in the Department of Communications Sciences and Disorders (CSD). Recommendations are made by the Admissions Committee for the program, which includes most of the CSD faculty.
We complete the application review process by early March. You can expect to hear about the status of your application soon after that. Additionally, each year we host an Open House for all accepted students that occurs in late March or early April.
We communicate all admissions-related information by email and/or by the MGH Institute of Health Professions online supplemental application portal. Please be sure that we are notified of any changes to your email address.