The Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program at MGH Institute of Health Professions welcomes applications from individuals holding a Bachelor’s degree who seek to enter a career in speech-language therapy.
Our professional staff are here to provide information and answer questions you might have during the admission and financial aid process, and to offer ongoing information throughout the application process.
Important Application Dates
For Program Starting: Fall 2021
The CSDCAS 2020-2021 Application Cycle is now: Closed
The Application Deadline was: February 1, 2021*
The Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders program at MGH Institute of Health Professions participates in the CSD Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS). All applicants are required to apply online through CSDCAS.
Updates to the application requirements and related policies due to COVID-19, can be found here.
- When applying through CSDCAS, please do not list any non-US schools attended as part of a study abroad program.
- Although we have an application deadline of February 1, 2021, please try to get all application materials submitted to CSDCAS at least 3-4 weeks before the application deadline in order to allow time for CSDCAS processing.
*In order to be eligible for review, CSDCAS applications must be completed on or prior to the deadline. Please note: you should allow several weeks for all required documents to be received and processed by CSDCAS.
Items to submit directly to CSDCAS:
- CSDCAS application with application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Three (3) recommendation letters
- Statement of Intent
- MGH Institute Custom Questions
MGH Institute of Health Professions does not require a supplemental application.
We do not begin to review applications until the application deadline, and we do not have rolling admissions. Decisions about admission are made after all applications are reviewed.
Each application is reviewed in its entirety independently by at least two members of the faculty in the Department of Communications Sciences and Disorders (CSD). Recommendations are made by the Admissions Committee for the program, which includes most of the CSD faculty.
We complete the application review process by the end of February. You can expect to hear about the status of your application soon after that. Additionally, each year we host an Open House for all accepted students that occurs in late March or early April.