What is the Aphasia Center?
- A community of people who have aphasia and their families and friends all coming together and sharing their life experiences, challenges, and successes.
- Specialty program of the Speech, Language, and Literacy Center housed within the IMPACT Practice Center.
- Graduate students in speech-language pathology provide diagnostic and therapy services to people with all aphasia
- Students supervised by licensed speech-language pathologists (SLPs)
Explore the Center
Currently we have more than 60 clients/members with aphasia.
The Aphasia Center is open year-round.
We are located in Charlestown, MA, on the ground floor of 2 Constitution Wharf.
- (617) 312-5857
- (617) 724-6847
Aphasia News & Updates
The Aphasia Community Resource Center at Boston University
- Contact Julie Bertram: (617) 353-0197
The Robbins Center at Emerson College
- Contact email: Robbins_Center [at] emerson.edu or telephone: (617) 824-8323.
Northeastern University Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Phone: (617) 373-2492
National Aphasia Association
National Institute on Deafness & Other Communication Disorders
American Stroke Association
National Stroke Association
Aphasia Recovery Connection
The Aphasia Institute
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
ASHA Website: Aphasia (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
Aphasia Access (a network of healthcare, business, and community leaders to advance lifelong communication access for people with aphasia)