Assessments, interventions, and wellness
The Ionta PT Center, located on our Charlestown Navy Yard campus, provides pro bono services to individuals in the local community who may not otherwise have access to physical therapy care or those whose insurance benefits have expired but still need continued therapy.
We offer comprehensive assessments, interventions, client education, and wellness that addresses each individual's needs. As part of their course work, students from our Doctor of Physical Therapy program provide services to children and adults experiencing long-term neurological, cardiopulmonary, and musculoskeletal issues.
- Provide opportunities for students to gain important experience in screening/examination, intervention, clinical decision making, communication, cultural competence, and development of professional core values.
- Provide physical therapy services by screening for and direct treatment of impairments of the movement system that affect participation in daily life roles, as well as the need for prevention, health promotion, and wellness.
- Address health care disparities by promoting access to physical therapy services for individuals who have limited access to health care.
- Serve as a cost-effective model for experiential learning for students as a component of clinical education experiences.
- Provide an opportunity for applying clinical skills that is fully integrated within the physical therapy curriculum.
- Provide opportunities for interprofessional collaboration through direct client care and referral.
- Provide a source of data for clinical research.
Under supervision of licensed faculty in the physical therapy department, students conduct assessments, interventions, and specialty services, in the Adult and Children’s Rehabilitation Gym.
We are located in Charlestown, MA, on the first floor of Two Constitution Wharf (2CW).