XWin a $50 Amazon gift cardby helping us understand how you view our school and what you think of our website! It takes 5-10 minutes to complete and will help us make important decisions about how we communicate with website visitors.Take Survey Here
Learning Objectives for Advanced Doctoral Experience
- Develop specialized skills in a chosen area of interest that meets the student’s OTD research / learning trajectory.
- Interact with interprofessional leaders, organizations, and populations to address the occupational needs of persons with or at risk of developing chronic disease and disability.
- Relate theory and current evidence to practice and demonstrate synthesis of advanced knowledge in the designated specialized practice area.
- Design, implement, and evaluate an individualized doctoral learning plan with faculty mentor and supervisor.
- Demonstrate competence in evaluation, assessment, analysis and/or research procedures utilized at the site.
- Understand funding sources and funding mechanisms associated with the doctoral site program.
- Explore research that furthers occupational performance models as related to the site.
- Achieve an effective transition from the role of student to the role of a doctorally prepared occupational therapist.
- Learn how to function as scholars to advance the practice of occupational therapy through dissemination of work.
Back to Top