New Employees: Your First Year
This check list / guide of resources was created to help support you with your on-boarding experience. We hope this guide helps you become a connected, productive, and thriving member of the Institute community. Note: Some links in these sections are password protected or can only be accessed within the IHP network. You will have access to these links after your start date.
2. All Institute employee evaluations are conducted in the spring (typically between April-May). Many departments request faculty and staff complete self evaluations. Talk with your manager about what will be expected of you during this process.
3. Stay up to date with what's going on at the Institute. Read Institute Publications, the IHP Daily News, and visit the Institute newsroom. If you have news to share contact, John Shaw, Associate Director of Communications email@example.com (617) 726-4276.
5. Attend Institute social gatherings to network, connect, and have FUN with your colleagues.
6. Get involved with Institute community service initiatives.
7. If you travel to work-approved conferences, trainings, or other events or have to purchase something approved on your own credit card, this resource portal provides info on how to submit for reimbursement in PeopleSoft.
8. Manage your vacation and time off in the IHP Time Off Reporting System. Faculty must use their vacation time from the previous fiscal year between July 1st and August 31. Staff that have earned time above the allowable max will have excess hours roll over to their ESL bank.
- Time Off Reporting System
- Faculty vacation and Sick Policy: See Vacation and Sick Policies on the Intranet.
- Staff Vacation and ESL Bank Information
9. Review your benefits and make sure they are working for you. Every fall you have the opportunity to make changes to your benefits during open enrollment. These changes take effect on Jan 1. You can also make changes to your benefits during the year with a qualifying life event.
- Contacting the Benefits Department & Vendors (Plans)
- Eligibility and Dependent Eligibility
- Using eBenefits
- Changing Benefits
- Adding or Changing Beneficiaries
10. Take advantage of Health and Wellness discounts and programs available to IHP employees.
- BeFit & Clubs at Charles River Discount
- Charlestown YMCA Discount
- Other discounted fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program