Physician Assistant Careers
According to the 2019 Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report, the median annual earnings for physician assistants were $112,260.
- The middle 50 percent earned between $92,800 and $130,530
- The lowest 10 percent earned $72,720
- The highest 10 percent earned $157,120
The BLS predicts 38.4% employment growth in this profession between 2012 and 2022, far faster than the average for all occupations (11%). The growth in the PA profession is spurred by three factors:
- Heightened demand for health care services by the growing aging population
- Increased access to health care for millions of US citizens as a result of the Affordable Care Act
- A physician shortage that has become more serious in recent years
The U.S. News & World Report lists Physician Assistant as the 4th best job in health care and 5th of the 100 best jobs in America.