School of Nursing Mission and Core Values
Educating exemplary nurses to lead in a diverse society.
Through excellence in education, research, scholarship, clinical practice and service, the School of Nursing cultivates a community grounded in social justice, equity, and inclusion to prepare graduates to lead interprofessional, holistic health care in a rapidly changing world.
As members of the MGH Institute community, we collectively commit to reflect the following core values in all we do:
- The highest standards of professional, academic, and scientific excellence, ethical conduct, integrity, and personal responsibility.
- An inclusive and welcoming environment where every person is treated with dignity and respect.
- Mutual trust and collegiality in our relationships with each other and those we serve in health care and the community.
- Productive partnerships among faculty, staff, and students that support learning and work, and foster interprofessional and global collaboration.
- A connected, engaged, and diverse learning community where students develop a passion for lifelong learning and become graduates of choice for employers.
- An environment that embraces and rewards inquiry, ingenuity, innovation, resourcefulness, and continuous learning.
- A rewarding work environment where talented people thrive.
- Accountability for our work and for prudent, efficient stewardship of our resources.
- A world where health professionals lead in efforts to reduce climate change health consequences for people and their ecosystems.