Master of Science in Nursing (Post RN) Program
This program is designed for licensed, registered nurses to become advanced practice nurses (APN) as a nurse practitioner (NP).
The intensive, flexible program:
Includes an innovative curriculum, the program length depending on the:
- Degree you hold upon enrollment
- Specialty you choose
- Option of full- or part-time study
Is open to RNs with any of these qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor’s degree in a field other than Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Nursing Diploma
Note: For RNs with an associate degree or nursing diploma, there is a prerequisite course of study you must complete before matriculation. See application process and requirements for the MS Post-RN.
Advanced practice specialty options for the Master of Science in Nursing (Post-RN) program
In this program you have the option of seven specialties as a nurse practitioner. You choose a specialty when you apply.
Nurse Practitioner Program Tracks
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care
- Women's Health
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Lifespan
- Dual Adult-Gerontology/Women’s Health
Upon completing the program, you will be prepared to take the advanced practice certification exam for your chosen specialty. Read more on licensing and careers.
This course of study will hone your critical thinking, diagnostic reasoning, assessment and decision-making skills, preparing you to become a competent, highly skilled, reflective nurse leader in an advanced practice specialty.