Career Development Job Search Resources
1. Job Board Links
Search jobs posted by the IHP Center for Career and Professional Development. Additional links below:
- All Programs
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Indeed.com (*TIP: Use “advanced search” and “with these words in the title” filter. You can search on multiple variations of title phrases by separating each with “or.” For terms that are two words or more, use quotations to glue it together. For example: RN or "registered nurse" or "new nurse" or "new grad nurse" or "nurse residency" or “entry-level nurse” or "clinical nurse I")
- Craigslist Boston (*TIP: On this site, click the “search title only” check box)
- TweetMyJobs (*TIP: Just pick a “job type” and “location”, and click “follow.”)
- Massachusetts Hospitals Jobs Board
- IHP Jobs on LinkedIn
- IHP Jobs on Facebook
- MGH IHP “Jobs and Internships” on Facebook
2. Useful Websites, Tools, and Articles
- Job Application Tracker Spreadsheet
- 6 Steps to Maximize Your School's Career Center
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Registered Nurse
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Nurse Practitioner
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Physical Therapist
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Speech-Language Pathologists
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Occupational Therapist
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook: Physician Assistant
- 10 Hacks for using Indeed.com effectively
- Glassdoor – Company research: salary, interview questions, employee reviews
- Better Business Bureau – research companies and recruiters
- U.S. News and World report hospital rankings
- Meet Ups for Networking
- O*Net Resource Center – good for researching job descriptions
- IHP Student Groups on Facebook – must have a mghihp.edu email address
- Ten tips for the perfect LinkedIn profile (article)
- 17 Must-Have's for your LinkedIn profile
3. Resume and Cover Letter Resources
4. Frequently Asked Student Questions (Answers are linked to blog posts)
- Any tips for filling out online applications? I never seem to get a response.
- What are some ways I can research a company/hiring manager to prepare for my interview?
- Do you have any résumé formatting tips for online applications?
- What should I say when I'm asked by an employer about my "salary requirements?"
- Any advice on requesting letters of recommendation from my current placement supervisor?