How Graduate Level Non-Degree Courses Can Be Used at the Institute
Physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, nurses, and other health care professionals holding a bachelor's degree may enroll as non-degree students in selected graduate courses on a space-available basis. These courses can be used at the Institute in the following ways:
- Waiver of GRE Requirement - Non-degree students applying to the School of Nursing BSN to MS or BSN to DNP post-professional degree programs may request a waiver of GRE score submission if they have successfully completed Advanced Pathophysiology and one other graduate nursing course with a grade of B or better.
- Apply the credits to an MGH Institute Degree/Certificate Program. The following Degree/Certificate programs allow appropriate MGH Institute graduate level non-degree credits to be applied towards a Degree or Certificate within their program as noted below:
Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology - 12 credits allowed
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Literacy and Language - 6 credits allowed
- All MS and CAS Programs - 6 credits allowed
- DNP Program - No credits may be transferred into the integrative DNP Curriculum. Students without intermediate biostatistics, or certain master’s level courses that are pre-requisite for students without a MSN, may be transferred in to meet any pre-requisite requirements, can be taken as pass/fail, and credits will not be applied to any of the required DNP program credits.
- Note: the Accelerated BSN Program does not offer any non-degree courses that could be applied to the BSN degree.
The following programs do not allow non-degree courses/credits to be applied to their Degree:
- Physical Therapy - Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy - Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies - Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Genetic Counseling - Master of Science in Genetic Counseling
- Health Professions Education - Master of Science in Health Professions Education
- Rehabilitation Sciences - PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences