MPAS: Mission, Vision, and Goals
The Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) at MGH Institute of Health Professions prepares PA graduates to provide highly competent medical care as members and leaders of interprofessional teams by cultivating and upholding compassion, equity, and justice.
The MPAS will strive to:
- Prepare graduates to demonstrate advocacy and leadership in their practice and the PA profession.
- Promote the value of the PA role on interprofessional teams and in healthcare settings.
- Be recognized as an innovative, creative hub for PAs seeking continuing professional development.
- Provide mentorship for Black, and Latinx PAs seeking opportunities in PA education.
- Create a pipeline to support and mentor applicants from communities of color, Veterans, and first-generation college graduates.
- Recruit highly qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Incorporate inclusive, team-based teaching and learning practices in the classroom and in clinical settings.
- Demonstrate greater than a 4 on a 5-point Likert scale on student satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain an attrition rate at or below 5%.
- Obtain a 100% first-time taker pass rate on the PANCE.
- Graduates will be employed within 6 months of passing the PANCE.