Preparing Documents for Licensure
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (Entry level) Students
- Physician Assistant Studies Students
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy Students
- You will submit an online application to the Massachusetts Board of Nursing upon completion of Role Immersion.
ANCC(American Nurses Credentialing Center) Certification (option for Family, Adult Gero Primary Care, Adult Gero Acute Care, and Psych Mental Health tracks)
- Upon graduation, visit the ANCC website to create an online account and begin your application.
- Submit Validation of APRN Education Form to your track coordinator in the School of Nursing for submission to ANCC.
- Order an official transcript using your IOnline account to be sent to APRNValidation@ana.org . Transcript will be processed through our Parchment transcript ordering system.
AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) Certification (option for Family, Adult Gero Primary Care tracks)
- Upon graduation, visit the AANP Certification website to create online account and begin your application. Detailed instructions on the process are found in the Candidate’s Handbook.
- Order an official transcript using your IOnline account to be sent to email@example.com . Transcript will be processed through our Parchment transcript ordering system.
PNCB (Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) (Pediatric Track only- apply for Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care (CPNP-PC) exam ):
- Upon graduation, visit the PNCB website to apply online (PNCB). The MGH IHP is a PNCB Recognized Primary Care PNP Program (Code: 884).
- Order an official transcript using your IONLINE account to be sent to PNCB at firstname.lastname@example.org . Transcript will be processed through our Parchment transcript ordering system.
AACN (American Association of Critical Care Nurses) Certification (option for Adult Gero ACUTE Care track only- ACNPC-AG):
- Upon graduation, visit the AACN website to create an online account and begin your application. Detailed instructions on the process are found in the Handbook.
- Send Educational Eligibility Form in application to Track Coordinator who will complete and return to APRNcert@aacn.org .
- Order an official transcript using your IOnline account to be sent to APRNcert@aacn.org . Transcript will be processed through our Parchment transcript ordering system.
NCC (National Certification Corporation) Certification (Women’s Health/Gender-Related Track only- WHNP-BC):
- Upon graduation, visit the NCC website to create an online account and begin your application. Detailed instructions on the process are found in the Catalog.
- Request an official transcript from the registrar using your IONLINE account and upload a PDF of the official transcript with your application. Do NOT have the registrar send separately.
Physical Therapy Department
- Visit the website for physical therapist licensure for the state/jurisdiction with which you will seek initial licensure. Complete and submit appropriate forms/requirements and pay application fee.
- Register for the National Physical Therapist Examination (NPTE) administered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (https://www.fsbpt.org/) and pay examination fee prior to deadline according to schedule published on FSBPT website.
- Verification of Degree Completion:
- For licensure in Massachusetts: a Certification of Completion of Educational Requirements form will be completed by the Registrar's Office upon successful completion of your final clinical education experience and will be submitted to Professional Credentialing Services (https://www.pcshq.com/) for the next available NPTE date (January unless otherwise arranged).
- For licensure in states/jurisdictions outside Massachusetts, deliver necessary verification forms/instructions to the Registrar's Office for completion and submission.
- Transcripts: order an official transcript using IONLINE one week prior to your official graduation date to be sent to your state/jurisdiction of choice. When ordering, be sure to note that the transcript should be sent once degree has been conferred. This will alert the Registrar to delay sending until the degree is noted on the transcript.
You must submit an application and $475 payment in advance to take PANCE. You may schedule your exam anytime (depending on testing center availability) within the 180 day timeframe established for you based on your expected graduation date and the successful submission of all required materials to NCCPA. The five-hour PANCE exam includes 300 multiple-choice questions administered in five blocks of 60 questions with 60 minutes to complete each block. There is a total of 45 minutes allotted for breaks between blocks and you will be responsible for managing your break time. You will have 15 minutes to complete the PANCE tutorial.
Please visit the NCCPA website for more information on becoming certified.
- Step 1: Graduate. You can't do any of the other steps until you graduate. So, hang in there!
- Step 2: Request an official copy of your transcript by email from the Registrar's Office once your degree date and title has been noted (happens on your official graduation date).
- Step 3: Apply for the NBCOT Exam by creating an account.
- Step 4: Schedule the Exam at a Prometric Site. You can do this after you receive your Authorization to Test Letter from NBCOT.
- Step 5: Take the Exam. You can check your Pass/Fail status on the NBCOT Website. You will also receive an email when scores are posted.
- Step 6: Apply for State Licensure. Individual states have different processes and requirements. Check out these helpful links for more information: State OT Statutes and Regulations OT Regulatory
Course syllabi can be downloaded from your D2L account. Please contact the IT department for access if needed.