Share

PEBT

Paid Physical Therapy Internships

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of our DPT program is the year-long, full-time, paid clinical internship. The internship follows completion of our academic program. Internship sites are located within the Boston area and across the country.

Our program was one of the first and remains one of the relatively few in the country that offers this form of an internship as the culminating clinical experience. Given the unique opportunities for long-term professional development offered by the year-long internship process, a number of programs across the nation are developing internships specifically modeled on the Institute concept.

The internship is arranged in cooperation with clinical sites, following interviews and a matching process where both students and sites identify their preferences. The type and amount of compensation for the internship is determined by each clinical facility.

Students receive their DPT degree four months into the clinical internship year. They then sit for state licensure and complete the remainder of the year as licensed physical therapists.

Interns make a commitment to the internship facility for the full year. The internship allows our graduates to enter the profession with a strong clinical background so that they can move into a variety of practice settings with solid experience, skill, and confidence.

All students take part in the internship interview and matching process. Over the past three years, an average of 80% of the students matched and completed a paid year-long internship. The other 20% of students typically match with a traditional 14-week unpaid internship that ends upon graduation after which the graduate independently pursues a clinical position.

See more on clinical experiences in the DPT program.

Back to Top