We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow or a Doctoral Research Assistant with an interest in cognitive neuroscience, neuropathological changes associated with aging and Alzheimer’s disease, and implementation of speech behavioral measures in characterization and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. The project involves identifying early markers of speech motor control that can predict future change in cognitive performance of individuals at increased risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and will also identify neural correlates of speech markers using structural and functional MRI.
The successful candidate will develop expertise in speech acoustics and biomechanics, neuroimaging, and cognitive neuroscience and will have the opportunity to submit research proposals and develop grantsmanship experience. The roles defined for this position include: 1) data processing and analyses, and 2) dissemination of findings through the preparation of peer-reviewed manuscripts and conference presentations.
Qualifications for Postdoc applicants:
- Holding a Ph.D. in engineering, neuroscience, computer science, speech and language sciences, computational linguistics or a related field by the start date
- Strong programming skills in scripting language including MATLAB, Python, R, or a similar environment
- Experienced with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and Data Science
- Strong communication and research writing skills
- Experience with data visualization and statistical modeling/analysis
- Record of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or conference presentations
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing research interests and experience along with your CV/resume and names/contact information of three references meshghi [at] mghihp.edu (to Dr. Marziye Eshghi). Please include your name and the text “Research Fellow Application” in the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The SPaN-AD Lab continues to expand its research and our team has Research Opportunities available for PhD applicants.