An essay is required for admission to the IHP SLPD program, which should include self-reflection related to leadership potential and long-term goals. The applicant will be prompted to upload the essay as part of supplemental materials, after submitting the application online.
All applicants are required to compose an essay that addresses the following:
The mission of the MGH Institute of Health Professions Clinical Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology program is to develop highly effective leaders who draw upon cutting-edge clinical expertise and critical thinking abilities to advance the impact of our profession on patient outcomes. MGH IHP highly values having a diverse student population as a key element in the educational experience of its students. Diversity presents itself in many different social identities, such as: socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or place of origin, ability, unique life or work experience, etc.
During the program, students will complete a Capstone Project based on a topic area or skill set that aligns with their unique learning goals. Using 5,000 characters or less:
- Describe your short and long-term career goals and how they relate to your current clinical practice area
- Describe how you anticipate your academic pursuits at IHP will help you achieve these goals, and lastly
- Reflect and share how your social identities, experiences, and/or perspectives might advance the impact of our profession on patient outcomes.
If you are applying to the SLPD program with a Capstone project mentor in mind, please also include how you envision this mentor helping you achieve your professional goals.
All applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. A third letter of recommendation may also be included should the applicant desire. Letters should address the applicant’s potential for graduate education/scholarly study and the applicant’s potential for leadership within the profession.
All recommendations will be processed electronically through our online application. Please provide contact information for each recommender within the online application.
Resume or CV
Please upload your most recent resume or CV. At a minimum this document should include:
- Undergraduate and any graduate institutions, degree(s), major, minor/concentration (if applicable)
- Your SLP License information (state and number), if licensed in the United States.
- Certifications and Professional Designations
- Employment Experiences