Mirza Lugo-Neris, PhD, CCC-SLP is an assistant professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, specifically for the Clinical Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology Program.
Dr. Lugo-Neris is also a bilingual speech-language pathologist with experience in working with and counseling Spanish-speaking families, licensed in both Puerto Rico and Texas. She has 15 years of experience in working across a variety of pediatric clinical settings, establishing clinical partnerships with families, and supervising undergraduate and graduate student clinicians. She also provides in-service training for community organizations, agencies, preschools, and private companies on topics related to raising bilingual children with disabilities.
She has taught graduate courses on cultural-linguistic diversity and bilingual language development, school-age language disorders, and undergraduate courses in clinical observation. She has also led faculty development initiatives on inclusive teaching practices.
- B.S., Communication Sciences and Disorders, Florida State University
- M.S., Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology, Florida State University
- Ph.D., Communication Sciences and Disorders, The University of Texas at Austin
- Assessment and intervention practices with Spanish-English bilingual children who have developmental language disorders
- Scholarship of teaching and learning in clinical supervision in communication sciences and disorders
Dr. Lugo-Neris has published numerous papers - some titles are highlighted below. You can view a complete listing of Dr. Lugo-Neris's publications on Google Scholar or in her CV.