The Learning Experience Designers provide confidential one-on-one consulting to faculty on a range of teaching challenges. Using learning theory and research based practices, they help instructors refine their teaching skills, adopt new practices, and enhance student learning.
Common topics for consultation include:
- Improving teaching effectiveness and efficiency
- Developing new courses and programs
- Re-designing and enhancing existing courses
- Aligning learning goals with teaching and learning activities
- Navigating challenging classroom situations
- Implementing active learning strategies
- Adopting new teaching and learning technologies
A consultation can be a single brief conversation, or a series of ongoing meetings over the course of a project. Contact the Learning Experience Designers to learn more and schedule a consultation.
MGH Institute faculty voluntarily solicit Learning Experience Design services in order to enhance their teaching and improve student learning. Mindful of establishing trust in a voluntary service, the Learning Experience Designers maintain the confidentiality of faculty consultations including the identity of faculty, topics of discussion, and types of services provided.