The essence of an MGH Institute education has always been the combination of theoretical academics with practical, clinical application.
From their very first semester, students are offered clinical experiences at first-rate health care and education settings throughout New England and, increasingly, outside the region. The Institute partners with more than 600 clinical affiliates, including:
- Community hospitals
- Community health centers
- Health and research-related industries
- Home health care agencies
- Major academic medical centers
- Private practices
- Rehabilitation hospitals and agencies
- School-based clinics
Placements are carefully cultivated to provide students the best opportunity to practice what they have learned in the classroom. In some instances students may need a car to access some clinical placements.
Clinical supervisors and preceptors earn tuition vouchers that can be used to attend classes at the MGH Institute, and nursing preceptors can use the experience toward meeting recertification requirements as a nurse practitioner.
To learn more about becoming a clinical supervisor/preceptor/fieldwork supervisor with the IHP, please contact:
- Nursing: Claire Sonnenberg
- Occupational Therapy: Mary Evenson
- Physical Therapy: Donna Applebaum
- Physician Assistant Studies: Michael Ruggiero
- Speech-Language Pathology: Jennifer Mackey