Parking at the Institute
Student, Faculty, and Staff Parking
There is limited metered parking along First Avenue and on other streets in the Navy Yard. Metered parking is 25¢ for each 12 minutes with a two-hour maximum (per block), and is enforced by the City of Boston between 8:00 a.m and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. So if you drive in for the day, be prepared to move your car every two hours.
Constitution Center Parking Lot
This is the open parking lot between One Constitution Center (OCC) and Two Constitution Center (2CC). Parking is by pass only, with 7-day access.
Student parking passes cost $320 per semester. Faculty and staff should contact the Office of Facilities for monthly parking pass rates.
Students should ask to be put on the wait list if there are no passes available at the time they inquire.
Building 199 Parking Garage
Currently, there are no monthly passes available. Visitors can park and pay a daily rate (0 - 1/2 hour - $4; up to 12-24 hours - $20). Please see Visitor Parking section below.
The Building 199 Garage is available to the MGH Institute community on the following conditions:
- Cost after 3:30 p.m. on weekdays is $2. You must purchase a 20-park pass for $40 to use this option.
- There is free parking after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, all day on weekends, and holidays, using a MGH Institute ID badge, and after paying a $25 registration fee.
- Those who haven't pre-paid can park one hour for $6, three hours for $10, or 12 hours for $18.
Sign up at the Parking Office inside the B199 Garage for either of the two pre-paid options. Please bring your MGH Institute ID card.
Drive down Chelsea Street to 13th Street (4th set of lights from Rutherford and Chelsea intersection). Take a right on to 13th Street. Take the first left, and the garage entrance is on your right.
Nautica Garage, 88 Constitution Road, across from the 2CC entrance
- Nautica Garage student discounts are for weekdays (Monday–Friday) only.
- The weekday pay-per-day rate of $14, effective January 4, 2017, with ticket validation, for a maximum of 12 hours. After 12 hours, the charge will be the going public rate.
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, there is a reduced Evening Event Rate, which is $13, effective January 4, 2017.
- Rates are subject to change.
Please note: All Nautica parking tickets must be validated by a 2CC or Shouse security officer for the discounted rate to be honored.
MGH Institute students, faculty, and staff are encouraged whenever possible to take public transportation and the Partners shuttle whenever traveling to and from campus. See Student MBTA Pass Program. Faculty and staff also have a discounted public transportation program.
Parking at Mass General Hospital
In addition to parking privileges in the Navy Yard, you can also park for free at Mass General Hospital on weekends, holidays and after hours. To be eligible for this, you need to go the the Fruit Street Parking Office (on Fruit Street at Mass General Hospital) to have your photo ID badge programmed for that. The Fruit Street Parking Office is open 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Fridays.
Visitor Parking and Other Options
- Building 199 in the Navy Yard ($4 minimum, $20 maximum). Weekend access is by credit card only. Building 199 is a block away from the research building, and four blocks from Buildings 34,36, and 39.
- The Nautica Garage, 88 Constitution Road. Rates.
- Constitution Center Parking (For OCC and 2CC). Rates.
There also is limited 2-hour on-street, meter parking for visitors near the MGH Institute's campus in the Navy Yard. See directions to parking.
For more information
Email the Office of Campus Operations, with any questions. Please note, this is for visitors and members of the MGH Institute of Health Professions community.