Parking at the Institute
There is limited metered parking along First Avenue and on other streets in the Navy Yard. Metered parking is 25¢ for each 12 minutes with a two-hour maximum (per block), and is enforced by the City of Boston between 8:00 a.m and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. So if you drive in for the day, be prepared to move your car every two hours.
Constitution Wharf Parking Lot
This is the open parking lot between One Constitution Wharf (1CW) and Two Constitution Wharf (2CW). Parking is by pass only, with 7-day access.
Faculty and staff should contact the Office of Campus Services for monthly parking pass rates.
Building 199 Parking Garage (5th Ave., Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston 02129)
Visitors can park and pay a daily rate
0-1 hour $6
1-2 hours $9
2-4 hours $14
4-24 hours $22
Please see Visitor Parking section below.
The Building 199 Garage is available to the MGH Institute community on the following conditions:
- Access is granted with your MGH Institute ID badge, after paying a $25 registration fee at the parking office.
- Faculty and Staff can choose weekly payroll deduction or add 20 debits at a time. Students must choose the 20 debits at a time option.
- There is free parking after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, all day on weekends, and holidays, using a MGH Institute ID badge.
To sign up for parking please fill out the form and submit to the parking office inside the B199 Garage. Please bring your MGH Institute ID card.
Drive down Chelsea Street to 13th Street (4th set of lights from Rutherford and Chelsea intersection). Take a right on to 13th Street. Take the first left, and the garage entrance is on your right.
Phone number: (617) 724-9621
Nautica Garage, 88 Constitution Road, across from the 2CW entrance
- Nautica Garage student discounts are for weekdays (Monday–Friday) only.
- The weekday pay-per-day rate of $14, effective January 4, 2017, with ticket validation, for a maximum of 12 hours. After 12 hours, the charge will be the going public rate.
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, there is a reduced Evening Event Rate, which is $13, effective January 4, 2017.
- Rates are subject to change.
Please note: All Nautica parking tickets must be validated by a 2CW or Shouse security officer for the discounted rate to be honored.
MGH Institute students, faculty, and staff are encouraged whenever possible to take public transportation and the Partners shuttle whenever traveling to and from campus. See Student MBTA Pass Program. Faculty and staff also have a discounted public transportation program.
Parking at Mass General Hospital
In addition to parking privileges in the Navy Yard, you can also park for free at Mass General Hospital on weekends, holidays and after hours. To be eligible for this, you need to go the the Fruit Street Parking Office (on Fruit Street at Mass General Hospital) to have your photo ID badge programmed for that. The Fruit Street Parking Office is open 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Fridays.
Building 199 in the Navy Yard ($4 minimum, $20 maximum). Weekend access is by credit card only. Building 199 is a block away from the research building, and four blocks from Buildings 34,36, and 39.
- The Nautica Garage, 88 Constitution Road. Rates.
- Constitution Wharf Parking (For 1CW and 2CW).
There also is limited 2-hour on-street, meter parking for visitors near the MGH Institute's campus in the Navy Yard. See directions to parking.
For more information
Email the Office of Campus Services, with any questions. Please note, this is for visitors and members of the MGH Institute of Health Professions community.