The Class Gift is a way to support future IHP students and further promote a culture of student philanthropy.
Together, you are making a difference, and donations of any size add up to make a BIG difference. You can choose to support the IHP Community Pantry, Student Emergency Fund, Scholarships, and much more!
Impact of Giving
After a 2-year hiatus due to COVID-19, we are excited to relaunch the Class Gift Campaign for the graduating class of 2023. In 2019, nearly 40 students rallied together to raise almost $2,000 through a matching gift program, that directly benefited IHP students across all programs. Collectively, donations of ANY size add up and make a huge impact on IHP students. We are hoping to reach 100 donors for the 2023 Class Gift.
Alumni giving helped the Office of Development create a Student Emergency Fund in 2020, that gave immediate use assistance to students through the pandemic—helping pay for groceries, rent and other essential costs. The Financial Aid Office has since given out over $50,000 that was raised to those students.
The IHP also recently opened the IHP Community Pantry, which is an important resource—providing nonperishable food items, and personal care products for our students. Gifts to the Community Pantry help to restock these essential items.
Together, your gifts can make a difference. Gifts of any size make a difference. Both the IHP Community Pantry Fund and the Student Emergency Fund are immediate use, and still are important areas to support IHP students.
Why Should I Give?
By giving back, you choose where you want to make an impact, and when we all give back together, our impact multiplies. Gifts of any size help make a difference. For the price of one coffee or one lunch out, you could make a gift of $5, $10, $20.23, or more. Your participation matters.
Be a part of this annual tradition. Make a difference today!
What to give to:
There are many areas that could use your support!
- JEDI Fellows Wellness Fund—provides direct support to IHP Student JEDI Fellows in an area they determine best use, for wellness objectives.
- IHP Community Pantry—provides nonperishable food items, and personal care products for our students.
- Student Emergency Fund—provides support for students during an emergency, for example, but not limited to, a sudden loss of supporting income, spousal/partner emergency, an adverse health event, or a pandemic.
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Fund—supports students across all programs at the IHP
- Program Specific Scholarships—supports students in that specific program (examples: May and Thomas Chin BSN Scholarship, Daniel Blitz PT Scholarship, etc.)
- Clinical Care Centers (such as the Sanders IMPACT Practice Center, Ionta PT Center, etc.)— These funds help support the costs to keep the centers running, providing free care to Boston Area residents as well as hands-on learning for IHP students.
How to give:
- Or cash or check dropped off at the Office of Development, 1CW Workstation 180.29.
Donating to your class gift in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year counts as participation, as long as you make a gift by graduation! Just select your graduation year from the dropdown menu.
Thank you to all those who have participated in previous class giving campaigns at the Institute! Let’s make this next year the best one yet!
For more information, contact your SGA representative, or Chris Bjork in the Office of Development.