Syllabus Overview for HCD-554-DL Introduction to Audiology
Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Please visit the Institute's online bookstore for information regarding required course materials.
Note: Introduction to Audiology will run for 12 weeks.
- The Profession of Audiology
- Human Ear and & Hearing Loss
- Sound & Its Measurement
- Outer & Middle Ear
- Inner Ear
- Auditory Nerve & Central Auditory Pathways
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Speech Audiometry
- Physiological & Retrocochlear Testing
- Hearing Disorders of the Outer, Middle & Inner Ear
- Retrocochlear Disorders
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders
- Non-Organic Hearing Loss
- Pediatric Audiology & Assessment
- Special Populations
- Bone Conduction & Implantable Hearing Aids
- Treatment & Intervention
General Course Activities
Discussion Board Questions
A student is expected to devote 10-15 hours per week to complete readings and course activities.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L.) D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, review the D2L system recommendations.