Syllabus Overview for HMBIO-454-DL Microbiology
Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Visit our online bookstore for any textbook information
Note: The lab for this course (HMBIO-455-DL) requires separate registration.
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Cell Structure: Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells
- Microbial Growth
- Prokaryotes (Bacteria and Archaea)
- Viruses, Viroids and Prions
- Eukaryotes: Fungi, Algae, Protozoa and Helminthes
- Principles of Disease and Epidemiology.
- Disorders of the Immune System
- Antimicrobial Drugs
- Diseases of the Skin and Eyes
- Diseases of the Nervous System
- Diseases of Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
- Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Diseases of the Digestive System
- Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
General Course Activities
A student is expected to devote 10-15 hours per week to complete readings and course activities. If taking this course concurrently with HMBIO-455-DL, a student is expected to devote 13-18 hours to coursework per week.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L.) D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system recommendations.