If you purchase a new windows laptop the operating system must be Windows 7 or Windows 8 Pro or higher. We cannot encrypt laptops that run Windows 8.
The breadth and range of technology you can access at the MGH Institute of Health Professions is unmatched by any other health care graduate school in New England. Students, faculty and staff have access to a variety of learning, information and technology resources to optimize learning and promote innovation within the health care professions.
You will work with state-of-the-art equipment – the same used in Boston's premier health care facilities – both in classes at the MGH Institute and during your clinical rotations. We recognize the importance of giving you the tools to become a well-prepared health care professional who can easily enter the workforce when you graduate.
- Opened in January 2012 is an interactive classroom with state-of-the-art technology designed to provide a small group experience where students in nursing, physical therapy, and speech-language pathology can easily share information. It creates an environment that fosters interprofessional education which makes students better health care professionals.
- Brightspace by D2L is our innovative and cutting-edge web-based learning management system.
- The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides universal access to these resources through a learner-centered support approach – unique compared with similar support by other technology staffs.
- The learner-centered approach is possible through leveraging our affiliations with the MGH Treadwell Library and Partners HealthCare Information Systems (IS) division. OIT staff provide support during the Institute's posted hours of operation.
Technology Resources by Department
MGH IHP Simulation Lab
- The MGH Institute Simulation Lab has eleven training key skills manikins to instruct students in necessary in-hospital patient care, e.g. NG tube care, tracheostomy care, wound care, feeding tube, IV care, Foley catheter insertion, blood pressure, etc.
- The Lab also has six high fidelity manikins that help students perfect medical situations in preparation to work with real patients during clinical rotations.
IMPACT Practice Center
- The MGH Institute recently unveiled a newly renovated 15,000 square called the Dr. Charles A. and Ann Sanders IMPACT Practice Center. Read more about the interprofessional mission of the Center.
Department of Physical Therapy
- The two new physical therapy labs built at the start of 2012 include a wireless microphone system for better faculty instruction, six cameras that can simultaneously broadcast on several large display screens, and improved exam tables.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- As a first-year student in the Masters of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program, you will get much of your clinical experience at the on-campus Speech, Language and Literacy Center within the IMPACT Practice Center.
- The Center recently was fitted with advanced video and audio equipment in every treatment room, where faculty can watch you work with actual clients in real time. The sessions are automatically burned onto a DVD, allowing you immediate access to review and critique your interaction with clients.