If you purchase a new Microsoft Windows laptop the operating system must be Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro. The Pro edition is used as part of the encryption requirement.
The breadth and range of technology you can access at the MGH Institute of Health Professions is unmatched by any other health care graduate school in New England. Students, faculty and staff have access to a variety of learning, information and technology resources to optimize learning and promote innovation within the health care professions.
You will work with state-of-the-art equipment – the same used in Boston's premier health care facilities – both in classes at the MGH Institute and during your clinical rotations. We recognize the importance of giving you the tools to become a well-prepared health care professional who can easily enter the workforce when you graduate.
- State-of-the-art technology designed to provide a small group experience where students in nursing, physical therapy, and speech-language pathology can easily share information. It creates an environment that fosters interprofessional education which makes students better health care professionals.
- Brightspace by D2L is our innovative and cutting-edge web-based learning management system.
- The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides universal access to these resources through a learner-centered support approach – unique compared with similar support by other technology staffs.
- The learner-centered approach is possible through leveraging our affiliations with the MGH Treadwell Library and Partners HealthCare Information Systems (IS) division. OIT staff provide support during the Institute's posted hours of operation.
MGH IHP Simulation Lab
- The MGH Institute Simulation Lab has training key skills manikins to instruct students in necessary in-hospital patient care, e.g. NG tube care, tracheostomy care, wound care, feeding tube, IV care, Foley catheter insertion, blood pressure, etc.
- The Lab also has high fidelity manikins that help students perfect medical situations in preparation to work with real patients during clinical rotations.
IMPACT Practice Center
- The MGH Institute recently unveiled a newly renovated 15,000 square called the Dr. Charles A. and Ann Sanders IMPACT Practice Center. Read more about the interprofessional mission of the Center.