All Institute students in academic programs scheduled to be on campus this Fall were required to submit their proof of COVID-19 vaccination into their Complio account by September 1, 2021. For guidance on how to populate your Complio account, visit the IHP’s Immunization and Certification page. This requirement may expand to additional groups dependent upon updated guidance from Mass General Brigham.
Students in need of a COVID-19 vaccine can utilize:
- MGB COVID Pass: After completing a daily asymptomatic attestation survey through COVID Pass, students can proceed with scheduling their vaccination appointment at an MGB affiliated location.
- Mass.gov: Students can use the state’s COVID-19 Vaccine Finder to find a convenient vaccination location.
Noncompliant students will:
- Lose access to D2L (learning management system),
- Not be able to participate in clinical placements, and
- Not be able to attend class on campus.
Vaccines will be required of all employees by October 15, unless you have a religious or medical exemption. If you have questions about the vaccine or want to discuss your vaccine concerns, MGB has developed guidance to help answer questions. To meet the October 15 deadline for Pfizer and Moderna, staff need to receive their first dose of Moderna no later than September 16 and their first dose of Pfizer no later than September 23. The Johnson & Johnson is a single dose vaccine and must be received and documented by October 15.
Employees who do not receive the vaccine by October 15 are subject to corrective action, up to and including termination.
Whether you were vaccinated at a Mass General Brigham site or elsewhere, you must complete this survey with an attestation or documentation. All new hires must receive vaccination clearance to work from MGH Occupational Health beginning on September 13, which includes validation of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Exemption Request Process
If you are a student seeking an exemption for medical or religious reasons for the COVID-19 vaccine, the deadline for the Fall semester was September 1, 2021.