Preparing for excellence in team-based care
The future of healthcare depends on the strength of a well-educated, effectively functioning team. Interprofessional education (IPE) is learning with, from, and about each other. Learn together in an interprofessional team as you develop your research and educational skills with, from, and about each other.
Applicants may apply for the PhD through one of two paths:
- Post MS-HPEd PhD: 33 credits
- Combined MS-HPEd and PhD: 66 credits*
Curriculum Plan (66 credits)
- All required courses in the MS-HPEd degree: 33 credits (PhD students who have already completed this or a comparable master's degree can waive this portion of the requirements)
- Core required doctoral courses in educational sciences, research methods, and implementation science: 18 credits
- Onsite seminars: 2 credits
- Three courses in interprofessional education: 6 credits
- Assisted matching with an interprofessional expert in the field and an expert within the Harvard system, a dissertation seminar, and mentored research spread over several semesters (with built-in gaps to enable IRB reviews and data collection): 7 credits
* Comparable prior coursework (up to 12 credits) may be eligible to apply toward MS-HPEd degree requirements.