Empowering students and alumni to be active agents in their own ‘becoming’
IHP’s Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) partners with all students and alumni to help them integrate their skills, training, and education into lives of meaning, purpose, and service. We seek to empower you to identify, enhance and accomplish your professional development, job search and educational goals as you transition from student to healthcare professional.
Whether your ultimate goal is a job, career, or vocation, the CCPD will support on your journey. We believe that having a “good job” and “doing what you love” are not mutually exclusive.
In conjunction with all academic programs, we prepare you for your career journey before and after graduation by providing personalized coaching, programming and resources for:
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Writing Skills
- Interview Preparation / Mock Interview Sessions
- International Student Advising
- Global Travel Experiences
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Development
- Job Search Strategy
- Online Brand Optimization
For Students & Alumni
For Clinical Affiliates
Job search links and tips
- IHP Jobs on LinkedIn
- IHP Jobs on Facebook
- IHP Student & Alumni Network on LinkedIn
- IHP National Job Database
- Indeed.com (*TIP: Use “advanced search” and “with these words in the title” filter. You can search on multiple variations of title phrases by separating each with “or.” For terms that are two words or more, use quotations to glue it together. For example: RN or "registered nurse")
- Pre-Interview Company Research - STOP memorizing facts!
- Bending the Rules on Job Applications: How to Navigate the Job Portal Matrix
- Writing a Cover Letter that Matters: "The Triple Why"
- Any tips for filling out online applications? I never seem to get a response.
- Do you have any résumé formatting tips for online applications?
- What should I say when I'm asked by an employer about my "salary requirements?"
- Advice on requesting letters of recommendation from my current placement supervisor? (PDF)
Center for Career Development
Our CCPD team assists students in identifying and executing strategic job search plans which increase the likelihood that their passions, skills and the job market will intersect.