What Is the IHP's Role in Health Care?
Exploring the Impact of Power, Privilege, and Positionality
Program for Incoming DEN and CSD Students
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify three core values of the Institute
- Articulate the impact of power, privilege, and positionality on health care delivery
- Describe how members of the IHP community live/demonstrate the Institute’s core values
- Noon–1:00 p.m.
- 1:00–1:15 p.m.
Welcome by President Paula Milone-Nuzzo and Introduction to IHP Core Values
- 1:15–2:45 p.m.
Plenary Session led by Jonathan Jackson, Center Director, CARE Research Center at MGH
- Panel member: Ndidiamaka Amutah-Onukagha, PhD, MPH, CHES, Certified Health Education Specialist, Tufts faculty member
- Panel member: Kenya Palmer, NP, Boston Medical Center, IHP Alumna
- Panel member: Lydia X. Z. Brown
- 2:45–3:00 p.m.
- 3:00–4:00 p.m.
Living IHP Shared Values/My Experience
- Facilitator: Assistant Professor Antonia Makosky
- Student: Bani Singh, DEN, representative from student Minorities Engaged in Dialogue and Service (MEDS) group
- Student: Margarida Guerra-Larson, DPT
- Staff Chair: Jorge Sanchez De Lozada
- Faculty member: Professor Charles Haynes
- Honorary Trustee: E. Lorraine Baugh
- 4:00–5:00 p.m.