Syllabus Overview for HPSYCH-452-DL Abnormal Psychology
Visit our online bookstore for the most up to date textbook and course material information
Topics You Will Study
- Overview of Abnormal Psychology
- Models of Abnormality
- Clinical Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders
- Disorders of Trauma and Stress
- Disorders of Mood
- Disorders Featuring Somatic Symptoms
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use and Addictive Disorders
- Disorders of Sex and Gender
- Personality Disorders
- Disorders of Aging and Cognition
- Mental Health Promotion, Screening, and Treatment in Health Care Settings
- Contemporary Issues in Psychopathology
General Course Activities/How to Plan Your Time
- Class Discussions
- Weekly Quizzes
- Case Study
This course will require about 12-15 hours per week including reading and viewing online resources and participation in discussions.
We recommend planning several 1- 2-hour study blocks throughout the week and checking into the course daily once the discussions begin.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L). D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system recommendations.