-February 2, 2021-
Student study space and open lab space on campus are now available. Students may request a space using the following process and adhering to the guidelines below. The Commit @ IHP policy applies to students when on campus for study and open lab.
Scheduled Hours & Reserving a Seat:
- Students can reserve a seat in one of the rooms available for study in the Shouse Building. The study space is open Tuesday through Thursday, 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Rooms available include:
- Room 322 and 4th Floor Study are for quiet individual study.
- Rooms 305 and 309 are for individual or group study. Study groups must adhere to social distancing. Study groups can include off-campus students via Zoom.
- PT and OT students can reserve a table in one of the rooms available for open lab in 2 Constitution Wharf. The open lab space is open Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Rooms available include:
- Room 220 and room 230 are for group practice. Study groups must adhere to social distancing. Study groups can include off-campus students via Zoom.
- Each table can accommodate a maximum of 2 students.
- There is a maximum number of seats available per room.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Study times are subject to change. We will monitor student requests to determine if we can safely make other rooms available.
- Students can reserve the use of one seat per day and may only use that designated seat. Students have this designated seat for the entire day’s schedule.
Arriving on Campus:
- Students will follow the same process used for any on-campus scheduled class activity.
- Complete the COVID PASS app.
- Proceed through the check-in station.
- Don an Institute provided mask.
- Masks must always be worn.
Study/Open Lab Space:
- Rooms have been configured to comply with and support social distancing and the Commit @ IHP policy.
- Furniture must remain as configured.
While in the Shouse Building and 2 Constitution Wharf:
- Students should remain in their designated room.
- Students can access the printers and restrooms on their floor.
- Students should not move to any other rooms within the building. Campus Services and Facilities staff will be in the building cleaning all other rooms during this time.
- Food and drink are permitted in the Shouse Building. You can remove your mask for this purpose and must be eight feet or more away from anyone else in the room. Replace your mask and follow the don your mask protocol when you are finished eating or drinking.
- Students must leave the buildings no later than 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and no later than 6:00 p.m. on weekends. This provides the Campus Services and Facilities staff sufficient time to properly clean study spaces in preparation for use the next day.
How to Reserve a Study Seat:
- Go to ems.mghihp.edu.
- Click "Welcome, Guest" and "Sign In" in the upper-righthand corner.
- Login with your Mass General Brigham username and password.
- Go to Create a Reservation and click on Book Now next to Reserve Study Space.
- Select the Date & Time of your reservation. Please note that this seat is yours for the entire day.
- Click "Search" to display all of the available seats.
- Click the "+" symbol next to the seat you'd like to reserve, then click "Next Step" in the upper-righthand corner.
- On the Reservation Details page, click the magnifying glass icon and search for the "Students" group. This step will only be necessary on your initial reservation as the system will auto-populate this the next time you reserve a seat.
- Enter your phone number and email address then click "Create Reservation."
Chief Operating Officer