- March 10, 2022: IHP COVID Policy Changes
- January 5, 2022: Return to Campus Update
- December 21, 2021: Returning to Campus in January
- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
-March 18, 2020-
Status of Campus
The campus is open selectively for students who are scheduled through their academic program to participate in specific learning, simulation, and standardized patient activities. Students will be contacted by their academic department or professor prior to coming to campus to complete a prescreening process. Otherwise, students should not come to campus. Faculty and staff are encouraged to work from home and should come to campus only when necessary.
Also, we strongly encourage all members of the community to practice social distancing during work hours as well as in their personal life. This practice, as you well know, has been proven to mitigate the spread of highly-contagious viruses such as COVID-19.
Student and Employee Resources for Coping with COVID-19
The unprecedented circumstances surrounding the emergence of COVID-19 have created a great deal of stress and uncertainty for all of us, including our patients, our fellow students and health care workers, and the community at large. As resources for addressing these issues proliferate, it can be confusing to find, evaluate, or sort through all the available information. Below is a set of resources that our Employee/Student Assistance Program (EAP/SAP) has created, as well as a new guide from the Mass General Department of Psychiatry. Please use these resources to cope with the everyday stresses and concerns that we are all feeling. Additional resources can be found on the Institute’s COVID-19 webpage.
• Talking with Children about the COVID-19 Pandemic: 7 Ways to Support Kids and Teens Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
• MGH Guide to COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
• McLean Hospital article on Caring for your Mental Health During COVID-19 and Five Ways to Reduce Anxiety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Reminder on Personal Social Media Policies: Pause Before You Post
Social media is a powerful communication tool that can reach thousands of people with one click. What you thought you shared with your closest friends may reach way beyond your network. For health care workers, that is a big responsibility and one that we need to take seriously.
Our advice: pause before you post. Be professional, be ethical, and follow the Institute’s social media guidelines.
• Consider your content carefully...a post on the Internet lives forever.
• Be clear that your posts reflect your personal opinion.
When your connection to the Institute is apparent, be clear that you are speaking for yourself (e.g. “It’s my personal opinion…”) and add a disclaimer: “The views expressed on this (social media channel, blog, website) are my own and do not reflect the views of the MGH Institute.”
• You do not speak for the Institute or your clinical site.
Do not share institutional information with the public. It is critical that hospital information shared with the public is accurate and released only by authorized hospital spokespersons.
• Talking about patients or patient care is not appropriate, even if you don’t use names or identifiers. Information can still be identifiable without names. Putting it in the public domain puts it at risk and makes patients doubt our commitment to protect their privacy. If you wouldn’t shout it in a crowded elevator, don’t post it online.
Upcoming Town Halls
Online student and employee Town Halls will be scheduled for the week of March 30. Additional information will follow next week.
Associate Vice President for Information Technology, Campus Services, & Compliance
Chief Communications Officer