- March 10, 2022: IHP COVID Policy Changes
- January 5, 2022: Return to Campus Update
- December 21, 2021: Returning to Campus in January
- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
Return to Campus Update
-January 5, 2022-
Welcome back! We hope you had a restful and healthy winter break.
Due to rising case counts associated with the spread of the Omicron variant, we are seeking ways to limit the number of people on campus that ensure the entire IHP community has a healthy and safe environment to learn and work. To do so, we will continue to follow Commit @ IHP through the spring 2022 semester. As has occurred during the past 22 months, this initiative will continue to evolve as we leverage guidance from state and local public health officials, experts within Mass General Brigham, and our collective lived experiences.
Since students returned to campus in the fall of 2020, your steadfast adherence to the Commit @ IHP initiative has resulted in a low number of COVID-positive cases in community members, and even more significant is that there has been no retransmission on campus.
We acknowledge the ongoing collective stress and anxiety associated with the personal and professional impact to every member of the Institute community and encourage anyone in need of support to leverage the resources from the Employee Assistance Program (faculty and staff) and the Student Assistance Program (students). We remain committed to providing everyone access to a healthy and safe learning and work environment.
Below is an update on our return-to-campus plan for the spring 2022 semester.
Week of January 10
Faculty and Staff: Those who are able to work remotely should continue to do so. Please check with your supervisor to coordinate your schedule for this week.
Faculty and Staff for ABSN: The orientation for the spring 2022 ABSN cohort will be a hybrid schedule with students coming to campus to have ID pictures taken and for N95 fit testing. The School of Nursing is developing a revised schedule of when students are expected to be on campus.
Additional Information: Provost candidates will be on campus to meet in person with Paula Milone-Nuzzo, Alex Johnson, and Search Committee Co-Chairs Elaine Tagliareni and Jordan Green. Scheduled Institute-wide interviews and presentations for other provost candidates will be conducted via Zoom.
Changes for the Beginning of the Spring 2022 Semester (January 18 to February 11)
Academic Program Planning: Academic program leaders are encouraged to determine what aspects of each cohort’s schedule can be moved online through Friday, February 11, 2022. Beginning Monday, February 14, 2022, these online activities should once again be scheduled on campus. Please notify Anna Cottrell of any changes to student schedules.
All skills development and simulation labs scheduled for the semester will occur on campus as currently scheduled. Students and faculty will be required to wear masks and face protection during lab activities.
Faculty: Faculty who can work remotely will do so. Please check with your supervisor to coordinate your schedule during this time frame.
Staff: Staff work schedules will be modified by supervisors as needed to provide students, faculty, and staff support and services on campus through Friday, February 11.
Students: Student clinical education placements will continue as planned.
Remainder of Spring 2022 Semester (February 14 to April 30)
Staff: Staff will follow the work schedules submitted by their supervisor in December 2021 for the remainder of the Spring 2022 semester.
Faculty and Students: Based on determinations made by academic program leaders and faculty, courses that were previously transitioned to remote will return to campus. Faculty and students will return to campus for these courses.
Institute-Wide: Spring Break will remain as scheduled from March 21–27, 2022.
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Requirement
Students, faculty, and staff are required to receive their booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. An announcement from MGB President Anne Klibanski, MD, was sent yesterday outlining the policy and process for updating your vaccination information.
The IHP community can schedule COVID-19 Testing (symptomatic and asymptomatic), as well as COVID-19 vaccination booster doses, through the COVID Pass app and Patient Gateway. As of today, there are numerous appointments available at MGB testing sites, with additional appointments opening daily. This is in addition to the resources available to all residents through the state and City of Boston.
We will communicate updates to this plan as we receive new guidance. Thank you for your adherence to Commit @ IHP as we all strive to maintain a healthy and safe campus, learning, and work environment.
Chief Operating Officer
Clinical Contracts and Compliance Director