- March 10, 2022: IHP COVID Policy Changes
- January 5, 2022: Return to Campus Update
- December 21, 2021: Returning to Campus in January
- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
-January 12, 2021-
Dear IHP Community,
Happy New Year! We hope everyone has had a healthy, safe, and restful semester break. We want to thank you again for a successful fall semester—one that could not have happened without your collective diligence in following health and safety protocols outlined in the Commit @ IHP campaign.
As we prepare for Spring 2021 and welcome the new ABSN cohort of students, we want to share important information and resources that will help you make a safe and healthy return to campus. Many of the Institute protocols in the spring will mirror what proved successful in the fall; the Institute will continue to evaluate our response in light of any changing circumstances.
Return to Campus Guide
All students are encouraged to visit the IHP’s Coming to Campus page, which is your central location for all information related to the IHP’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Spring 2021 Coming to Campus Guide found on that page provides the information that you need for a successful start to the spring semester. Included below is information that will be particularly helpful over the coming weeks as you prepare to come to campus.
We ask all faculty, staff, and students to continue to take extra precautions to stay as safe and healthy as possible before returning for in-person, on-campus activities.
• As with the fall semester, students are required to follow the Massachusetts Travel Order. Anyone entering Massachusetts from a “higher-risk” state, including returning residents, are required to complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival. The Travel Order mandates that individuals MUST quarantine for 10 days after arriving in the state unless you:
o are coming from a lower-risk state or
o can produce, on request, proof of a negative test result for COVID-19 from a test administered on a sample taken not longer than 72 hours before your arrival in Massachusetts.
Returning students must be mindful of these requirements when quarantining or scheduling COVID-19 testing, to ensure that their ability to attend on-campus activities is not impacted.
Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing through Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
Students continue to have access to the free Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing offered through MGH. New this Semester: An additional testing location has opened in the Charlestown Navy Yard Building 114. The IHP has collaborated with the team at this location to expand their hours of operation to accommodate IHP student schedules. It is important to remember that this offering is only for asymptomatic individuals. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or possibly exposed to a COVID-positive individual, you must contact MGH Occupational Health.
• Testing Locations:
o MGH Main Campus: Thier Conference Room
Students must schedule a testing appointment in advance through LabPass (Access Code: MGH Employee).
This location does not accept Walk-Ins
Testing Resources: https://apollo.massgeneral.org/coronavirus/employee-testing/
o Charlestown Navy Yard (CNY) Building 114 Cafeteria (1st Floor)
This is a Walk-In only testing location. You cannot schedule an appointment for testing at this site.
Testing is available on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please visit the following intranet page for up-to-date hours of operation: https://mghresearch.partners.org/cny-114-covid-19-testing-site/
Prior to arriving for a test, students must create an account in LabPass (Access Code: MGH Employee) and submit an order for a test.
The IHP covers the full cost of students’ Asymptomatic COVID-19 tests offered through MGH. IHP students can receive tests through this offering up to once a week.
We are pleased to share with you the process and rollout for receiving a COVID-19 vaccination through MGH. As student clinicians, you will follow the plan in place for all clinicians within MGH and Mass General Brigham (MGB). On January 11, 2021, Massachusetts General Hospital opened the COVID Pass self-scheduling vaccination system to MGH Wave D. This is in addition to the previously opened Waves A-C. All Institute students who are enrolled in academic programs that are traditionally fully in-person are now eligible to be vaccinated through the MGH COVID-19 Vaccination program.
(Not included in Wave D are students who are in traditionally, fully-online academic programs; including the following programs: Doctor of Nursing Practice for Advanced Practice Nurses, Doctor of Nursing Practice for Nurse Executives, Certificate of Advanced Study in Literacy and Language, Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy, MS in Health Professions Education, Ph.D. in Health Professions Education, Online Prerequisites, and those individuals participating in courses offered through the Institute’s Office of Continuing and Professional Development.)
The ABSN cohort starting in the Spring of 2021 must wait until they receive their IHP ID badge to schedule an appointment.
Scheduling a Vaccine
All scheduling for the COVID-19 Vaccine is completed through the MGB COVID Pass app. Students must first complete the COVID Pass Asymptomatic Attestation Survey in order to confirm their eligibility to receive the vaccination. Please refer to this guide from MGH for step-by-step instructions as well as answers to frequently asked questions on vaccine eligibility and scheduling through COVID Pass. When scheduling, you will be prompted to answer a series of questions, some of which are in place to ensure fairness and equity in the vaccination distribution process.
Finally, as we look forward to the beginning of this new semester and the fresh start that it brings, we must contend with the sobering reality that we are still in the grips of a seemingly unrelenting pandemic. As evidenced by last semester, we have proven that we can collectively succeed in the face of this pandemic. We are immensely grateful for your efforts up to this point, and we ask that you once more commit to doing everything within your power to ensure the health and safety of the entire IHP Community.
Chief Operating Officer
Clinical Contract and Compliance Director