- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
Return to Campus Plan
-July 6, 2020-
Commit to keeping yourself and the IHP community safe.
Commit to flattening the curve.
As members of the MGH Institute Health Professions community, we Commit to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 in all aspects of our lives – personal, professional, and societal. We Commit to wearing a mask, following hygiene protocols, and social distancing.
As you learned earlier this month, our fall plan involves a combination of distance learning, virtual simulations, telehealth opportunities, and external clinical placements. Students will have the opportunity to come to the IHP campus for some clinical laboratory and simulation experiences. This memo applies to these planned fall learning activities, for both returning students and new students, as well as faculty and staff.
The MGH Institute return to campus plan is a holistic approach with a primary focus on the health, well-being, and safety of the entire community. This is our shared responsibility as members of a health professions education community. By the end of July 2020 all students, faculty, and staff will acknowledge their health, educational, and professional responsibility to Commit by adopting the following:
- Wearing a mask
- In public, wear your personal mask.
- On campus, the Institute will provide a daily mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
- At clinical education placements, either the site or the Institute will provide you with the required PPE.
- Following hand hygiene and disinfectant protocols
- Hand hygiene has been proven to slow the spread of the virus.
- Please follow hand hygiene protocols at home, on campus, and when you are in public settings.
- Following social distancing and isolation recommendations
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Respect maximum assembly sizes as designated in specific locations.
- Restrict travel and social situations which are not consistent with these guidelines.
- Complying with travel restrictions and self-quarantine
- Students traveling to Boston for the start of the fall 2020 semester should self-quarantine for 14 days prior to leaving their current location.
- Upon arrival in Boston, restrict travel as much as possible to include coming to campus and attending clinical education placements.
- Monitor changes to travel restrictions within your current location.
- Massachusetts has implemented an advisory to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in the state. However, by using masks, hand washing, and social distancing, we mitigate the need to self-quarantine upon arrival. Students can participate in campus-based scheduled labs and clinical education placements as soon as they arrive in Boston.
In concert with the members of the IHP community, the MGH Institute will Commit to:
- Providing required PPE and hand sanitizing resources to students, faculty, and staff throughout the campus.
- Implementing cleaning and disinfecting practices across the campus multiple times per day in common spaces – in between class and large group meetings in classrooms, labs, and conference rooms – as well as at the end of each day.
- Immediate cleaning of spaces when notified that a community member has displayed COVID-like symptoms.
- Implementing the MGB-wide Occupational Health COVID PASS daily symptom attestation process for all students, faculty, and staff to be cleared to come to campus.
- Working closely with MGH Occupational Health which will advise us on the needs and process for COVID testing, contact tracing, and necessary follow up for anyone receiving a failed status on the COVID PASS until cleared to return to campus.
Individual responsibilities if you test COVID-positive:
- Students who become COVID-positive must reach out immediately to Occupational Health, their academic advisor, and academic program for guidance on completing course requirements and clinical education placements.
- Faculty and staff who become COVID-positive must immediately notify their immediate supervisor and contact Occupational Health.
- Occupational Health will coordinate contact tracing for students, faculty, and staff who become COVID-positive.
As guidelines are updated by MGB, the CDC, and the state, we will provide timely updates to the procedures outlined above. We appreciate all members’ of the IHP adherence to the Commit plan for their own safety as well as the safety of the entire IHP community. We will be discussing the process in further detail at the upcoming Town Hall.
Chief Operating Officer