- Diagnostic evaluations
- Individual treatment
- For adults with aphasia and related disorders
- Individual sessions (2 individual sessions per week)
- Aphasia Conversation Group
- S-IHP’s CAP: Spaulding-IHP’s Intensive Comprehensive Aphasia Program
- Wellness Group
- Participate in research programs studying aphasia at the IHP
- Treatment provided by graduate students in the final year of their graduate program
Referrals to the Aphasia Center come from:
- Self-referrals – Contact Us!
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Center
- Other local rehabilitation centers
- Fall semester – September to December
- Spring semester – January to April
- Summer semester – May to August
- Receive individualized treatment plans based on their own communication goals and the results of diagnostic evaluation
- Have treatment 1-2 times per week in 50-minute sessions
- May continue to attend as long as the client is benefiting from the therapy and the students are learning from the client
- May choose to participate in research on aphasia
- Families welcomed and encouraged to make a donation to the MGH Institute.
MGH Institute of Health Professions is committed to ensuring a welcoming academic community for all. Our inclusive environment is enriched by our differences including age, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, national and ethnic origin, race, religion, status as a parent, socio-economic background, veteran or active military status.
The Institute prohibits discrimination in admissions, financial aid, employment and administration of its programs and activities.