There is limited metered parking along First Avenue and on other streets in the Navy Yard. Metered parking is 25¢ for each 12 minutes with a two-hour maximum (per block), and is enforced by the City of Boston between 8:00 a.m and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. So if you drive in for the day, be prepared to move your car every two hours.
There are a few, and very hard to snag, free parking spaces on 3rd Avenue between 7th and 9th Streets. Your best bet is to be cruising the Navy Yard between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Garage and Lot Parking
Constitution Center Parking Lot
This is the open parking lot between One Constitution Wharf (1CW) and Two Constitution Wharf (2CW). Parking is by pass only. Full-time faculty and staff can get a monthly pass for $98. Contact the Office of Facilities to arrange monthly parking in the Constitution Center Parking Lot.
Full-time Faculty and Staff
Fulltime faculty and staff may sign up for a monthly pass to park at B199. As of May 1, 2014, here is no longer a waitlist. The monthly pass is $113 and is done by payroll deduction. Contact the Office of Facilities to arrange for your parking pass.
Full-time employees can also park at B199 as listed below for part-time employees.
Part-time Faculty and Staff
Part-time employees can park in B199 as listed here:
- Park after 3:30 p.m. for $2.00. You must purchase a 20-park pass for $40.
- Park after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, all day weekends and holidays for free after paying a $25.00 registration fee.
- Stop by the Parking Office in the B199 Garage to sign up for either of the above options. Please bring your Institute ID card.
- Weekend parking payment is by credit card only if you do not have a payroll deduction for the garage.
Nautica Parking Garage
- The Institute has arranged a pay-per-day rate for students of $14 for a maximum of 12 hours, effective January 4, 2017, with ticket validation for the Nautica Parking Garage, located at 88 Constitution Road.
- After 3:30 p.m. there is a reduced Evening Event Rate, which is currently $13.00, effective January 4, 2017..
- Please note: all Nautica parking ticket must be validate by the 2CW or Building 36 security officers in order for the discounted rate to be honored.
As always, Institute members are encouraged whenever possible to take public transportation and the Partners shuttle whenever traveling to the Institute.
If you have questions, you may email email@example.com or call (617) 643-0869.
Parking at Mass General Hospital
In addition to parking privileges in the Navy Yard, you can also park for free at Mass General Hospital on weekends, holidays and after hours. To be eligible for this, you need to go the the Fruit Street Parking Office (on Fruit Street at Mass General Hospital) to have your photo ID badge programmed for that. The Fruit Street Parking Office is open 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Fridays.