Become a health professions educator, scholar, and leader
The PhD in Health Professions Education (HPEd) program prepares clinicians and other health professionals without a research degree to make contributions to the scholarship of teaching and learning. The program meets the faculty requirement for doctoral-level expertise in numerous health professions. Specifically, graduates will be able to:
- Design health professions curricula and evaluate program outcomes
- Lead change and innovation in health professions education
- Obtain intramural and extramural support for research projects
- Engage in peer-reviewed scholarship in an area of expertise
- Contribute to interprofessional education and practice leading to improved health outcomes
The PhD in Health Professions Education was approved by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education in June 2019. The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) approved the PhD in Health Professions Education at its September 2019 meeting.