IHP Kids Corner
Resources for parents, siblings, families and friends of kids of all ages. We'll be updating the list regularly, so visit us often for updates!
Fun and learning ideas for younger children (Age 2 - 6th grade)
Life skill learning ideas for older kids (Middle/High School age)
Nature, Wildlife and Animals (All ages)
Online Books & E-Books & Stories (All ages)
Health & Fitness (All ages)
Art, History and Culture (All ages)
- 50 Youtube Channels for Home Learning (Younger children) Covers all school subjects (e.g. English, math, geography, etc.)
- Josh Gad + Bedtime stories (Younger children) Reading stories to young children via his Twitter page
- Teaching Kids How to Doodle (Younger children)
- Virtual Disneyland & DisneyWorld Rides
- 300+ Online Learning Resources for kids
- Movement Activities for Kids at home!
- Experiments and cooking by age group 2-6 years
- Adulting 101
List of ideas for your older kids to begin learning outside of traditional academics such as
Finances – budgeting, taxes 101, how to write a check, etc.
Housing- how to lease an apartment, living with roommates, etc.
Cars – how to change a tire, jumpstarting a care, how to change your oil, ets.
Healthcare – introduction to health insurance, difference in plan types PPO vs. HMO, first aid and CPR training, etc.
Beyond Graduations – the basics of student loans, refinancing, repayments and public service loan forgiveness, etc.
Careers – managing online job searched, how to write a resume and cover letter, applying for internships and jobs, etc.
Food – cooking basics, how to operate a grill, what to know about fad diets, etc.
Travel – traveling on a budget, staying safe abroad, survival skills, etc.
Self-care – managing stress, how to identify burnout, defining happiness, etc.
Communication – active listening skills, how to source trustworthy news on the internet, how to make phone calls, etc.
Relationships – talking finances with your significant other, spotting unhealthy romantic relationships, managing relationships ar work, etc.
Housework – how to do laundry, guide to recycling, cleaning essentials, etc.
- Online Trivia Contests
- Kahoot! – students can create their own questions and answers
- Netflix with Friends - Download Google Chrome extension, Netflix Party, to watch movies with friends
- Ideas for virtual activities (53)
- Spotify collaborative playlist
- Online multiplayer games
- Cincinnati Zoo - Watch live zoo updates with animals every day at 3:00pm EST from the Cincinnati Zoo Facebook page
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – Live Webcam with Animals - Includes sea otters, sharks, coral reef, and more
- National Parks Tours - Explore National Parks using Google Earth
- Virtual field trips to the Zoo - Find live cams from the following zoos, farms and animal sanctuaries
- Farm Sanctuary
- Rescue Kittens
- Georgia Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Dairy Farm
- The Houston Zoo
- National Zoo
- Libby App - Download the free Libby app to sign in to different U.S. libraries to access books + audiobooks - borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks from your public library. You can stream books with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime, anywhere. All you need to get started is a library card.
- Harry Potter Digital Escape Room
- For kids & teens: Free audio books through Audible
- Parents get 30-day free trial for children’s digital books
- Online Yoga Classes
- Online Fitness Classes
- Meditation Apps
- Headspace - Free access through 2020 for healthcare providers, must provide individual national provider identifier (NPI), not ID number for hospital
- Calm App
- 25 Office Exercises: Easy Desk-Friendly Ways to Get Fit in 2020
- Amazing "Get Moving Today" Calendar with a New Activity for Every Day
- See more fitness options for adults and teens on our Health and Wellness page
- Free Virtual Tours to Museums
- Parabola Magazine
- NASA has made their entire photo gallery available online – just search for images and be amazed!