- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
IHP Fall Planning Update
IHP Fall Planning Update
Dear IHP Community:
The Institute’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic is deliberate, thoughtful, and holistic – focused on the health and safety of our community, informed by data and advice from Mass General Brigham and other sources, and committed to excellence in the education of our students. The response provides flexibility based on individual circumstances.
Recovery plans are being developed across the Institute. Below are highlights of the plans:
Summer 2020 through mid-August: The Institute will continue functioning primarily within the virtual environment. Most faculty and staff will continue to work remotely with the exception of those providing essential functions. Essential functions have been expanded to include distribution of PPE to students for clinical education placements, implementing the Mass General Brigham-wide return to research plan, supporting faculty needs to be on campus to prepare course materials, and preparing the campus for the Fall 2020 semester.
Mid-August through early September 2020: As the campus is reconfigured, a few academic program cohorts will be scheduled to be on campus for intensive skills development opportunities in mid-August through early September. Students will receive information from their program by early July if this impacts their return to campus.
Fall 2020: In order to provide students with as much flexibility as possible to return to clinical education placements as they become available, all didactic instruction will happen virtually. However, skills development, simulation, and practical exams will take place on campus. Academic program leaders are developing detailed course schedules at this time, and they will be communicated to each program cohort by early July.
Innovation, flexibility, and commitment to quality is driving our response: Our plan is built on our ability to be flexible and we will adapt, as needed, to the changes in the pandemic. Faculty and students are adopting new teaching and learning techniques within the virtual learning environment as new virtual simulation and telehealth experiences are increasingly becoming part of clinical practice and, therefore, clinical education. Research faculty have implemented remote data capture and increased scholarly publications. Staff within all departments are changing the structure and nature of completing the ongoing operations of the Institute.
Commitment to health and safety: All people arriving on campus will be required to follow the IHP universal mask and social distancing guidelines. In addition, all campus visitors will be required to use the MGH Occupational Health COVID Pass App and process. PPE will be available to students and faculty while on campus, in classrooms, and in labs. The campus is being reconfigured to support the academic program needs for the Summer and Fall 2020 semesters and beyond.
Screening, cleaning, and protecting everyone while on campus is our primary goal: Policies are being developed on how to use common resources likes elevators, offices, workstations, and conference rooms while maintaining safe distances.
Periodic updates will continue to be distributed to the IHP community as we progress toward preparing the campus for the Fall 2020 semester and beyond. As mentioned, academic leaders will communicate schedules for students in each cohort as they are finalized.
In closing, we each have the personal and professional responsibility to be deliberate and thoughtful as we traverse through the realities of our new normal. We are proud of the dedication and commitment every member of our community – including students, faculty, staff, clients, alumni, and trustees – has demonstrated during these uncertain times. While the current time is uncertain, our future is exciting as we collectively transform to a new normal.
President and John Hilton Knowles Professor
Associate Vice President for Information Technology, Campus Services, & Compliance