- March 10, 2022: IHP COVID Policy Changes
- January 5, 2022: Return to Campus Update
- December 21, 2021: Returning to Campus in January
- August 19, 2021: Returning to Campus Update
- June 15, 2021: Commit @ IHP Changes
- May 17, 2021: Student Study Space
- May 17, 2021: Reminder of Commit Guidelines
- March 19, 2021: Expanded Access to Student Study Space
- February 2, 2021: Student Study Space
- January 12, 2021: Return to Campus, Testing, and Vaccine Information
- January 5, 2020: COVID Vaccine
- November 16, 2020: COVID-19 in our Community
- October 28, 2020: Commencement 2021
- October 27, 2020: Information on free student testing
- October 21, 2020: Student message on Thanksgiving travel
- October 5, 2020: Student Study Space
- October 5, 2020: IHP Spring Semester Plan
- September 18, 2020: The IHP Frontline
- September 14, 2020: Commit @ IHP Compliance Policy
- September 4, 2020: Commit @ IHP Reminder
- August 21, 2020: Commit @ IHP Educational Module
- August 20, 2020: Return to Campus Guide
- August 14, 2020: Preparing for Return to Campus and Accessing the COVID-19 Pass App
- August 6, 2020: Student Return to Campus Update
- July 24, 2020: Update on Commit @ IHP
- July 16, 2020: Commit@ IHP
- July 7, 2020: International Students
- July 6, 2020: Return to Campus Plan
- June 16, 2020: IHP Fall Planning Update
- May 21, 2020: Partnering with Mass General Brigham during the COVID-19 Crisis
- May 19, 2020: Commencement Date Changed to August 30
- May 11, 2020: A special message from President Paula Milone-Nuzzo to the Class of 2020
- May 7, 2020: Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- May 4, 2020: NECHE Virtual Evaluation
- April 23, 2020: Student Leader Awards
- April 21, 2020: Message from Dean Gormley
- April 9, 2020: Summer Semester Plans
- April 5, 2020: Summer Schedule 2020
- April 3, 2020: Together we are stronger
- April 1, 2020: More than a Health Crisis
- March 30, 2020: Clinical Placements During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 30, 2020: Commencement Postponed Until August 28
- March 23, 2020: Updated Campus Access Policy
- March 19, 2020: IMPACT Practice Center Closed Through April 30
- March 18, 2020: Status of Campus, Social Media Reminder, Student and Employee Resources
- March 17, 2020: Thank you from the President
- March 12, 2020: Social Distancing Policy
- March 11, 2020: Changes to Classes and Workplace
- March 6, 2020: The IHP Prohibits Conference Attendance
- March 6, 2020: Academic Task Force Potential Class Disruption Info
- March 5, 2020: Students and Employees Traveling During Spring Break
- February 28, 2020: Spring Break Travel Policy
- February 27, 2020: IHP Emergency Preparedness
- February 20, 2020: Travel Policy
- February 7, 2020: IHP Policy for all students, faculty and staff
- January 31, 2020: Initial announcement and planning
IHP Emergency Preparedness
-February 27, 2020-
Dear IHP Community:
The MGH Institute continues to actively participate in the Partners-wide coronavirus (COVID-19) response and emergency preparedness. We are fortunate to be part of a large health care system with so many resources dedicated to this very fluid situation.
The Institute’s Emergency Preparedness Committee is developing a response plan if our academic, clinical education, and administrative operations are impacted in any way. This plan includes preparing for the possibility of a school closure and how we would ensure that classes and administrative operations continue remotely if this were to happen. Additional information will be communicated early next week.
The Institute has adopted the updated travel policy which now includes China and South Korea. (See below.) As reported, the outbreak has been continuing with rapidly increasing case counts across the globe. In addition, the CDC has issued an additional Level 2 Travel Alert advising that older adults and those with chronic medical conditions should postpone non-essential travel to Japan, Italy, and Iran. The CDC indicates there is a strong possibility of further changes to these alerts in the coming days and weeks. The latest CDC information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/.
Students, faculty, and staff who are traveling over the upcoming spring break should understand that if they go to South Korea or China or are exposed to anyone with the virus in any country, they would need to follow the furlough procedure upon their return. These travel alerts are fluid and could change at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Denis Stratford .
Updated Partners Travel Advisory:
The CDC has issued a new warning recommending that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to South Korea in addition to China. Given the current characteristics and dynamic nature of the outbreak, the Partners travel policy has been modified, effective immediately:
No further business travel: All Partners related business travel to China (including Hong Kong and Macau) and South Korea is suspended. If the CDC extends its travel warning to additional areas, these will be included in this policy as well.
No further business-related visitors: Partners is also suspending all business-related visits to Partners’ institutions from CDC-defined impacted areas.
As of the date of this guidance, CDC Level 3 impacted areas include all of China and South Korea. Other countries and locations may be added as the situation evolves.
Individuals who traveled to China, Hong Kong, Macau, or South Korea and returned in the last 14 days or who elect to travel to China, Hong Kong, Macau, or South Korea are required to do the following:
Complete OHS Travel Survey. All individuals traveling to China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, and CDC defined Level 3 areas are required to complete the Returning Travel Activity Survey before returning to work. Occupational Health will review the survey results and contact the employee with a return to work date.
Furlough. Partners Employees (including IHP students) will be furloughed for 14 days following their return date. All other persons of interest will be restricted from visiting Partners institutions for 14 days.
Exposure to COVID-19 Patients Outside of Partners Institutions
At times, through other employment or clinical engagement, Partners employees (and IHP students) are asked to participate in the care of patients outside of Partners HealthCare duties. Individuals in these roles who have contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 patient or an individual quarantined by public health authorities outside of Partners facilities will also be furloughed for 14 days following their last date of potential COVID-19 exposure.
For more information, visit: www.partners.org/travelsafe