Financial Aid Process


Graph of the Financial Aid Cycle

Eligibility For Aid

The Application Process

Tips for Completing the FAFSA

Eligibility for aid

Financial aid does not need to be complicated. At MGH IHP, we want to keep the process as streamlined as possible. Students apply through one form, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Financial Aid is available for all of our degree programs. In addition to meeting federal eligibility, to receive scholarships and loans students need to be:

  • Matriculated into a certificate or degree program
  • Be a us citizen or eligible non citizen
  • Be enrolled at least half-time
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Not owe a refund on any federal grant or in default on any federal student loan

The Application Process

Applicants need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you are an independent undergraduate student (BSN program) or a graduate student, you do not need to include parental information.


  • Fill out FAFSA
  • List our code G22316
  • The results will be electronically sent to our office. You do not need to send us a paper copy.
  • Once admitted, the Financial Aid Office will forward you an award letter with details about your aid package
  • Accept aid; follow directions to activate loans
  • Aid will be posted to your account at the start of each semester
  • NOTE: We will award aid for two semesters at a time; students enrolling year round will have aid awarded during their second semester for the following enrollment terms.

TIPS for completing the FAFSA

  • Complete all required sections
  • Use the IRS Data Retrieval Process to import tax information directly into your FAFSA to ensure greater accuracy and cut down on required documentation if you are selected for verification. You will have had to file your taxes first to use this process. Please allow 2 weeks time for electronic filing and 6 – 8 weeks if you filed by paper before using the data retrieval feature to ensure your information will be available for import.
  • Students must sign the FAFSA in order for it to be processed. If you are married, your spouse must sign. If you are a dependent student, please have your parents sign your FAFSA along with you.

For detailed questions and answers, please review, or contact the financial aid office for assistance.

Back to Top