- Nancy T. Watts Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Advancing Interprofessional Education and Practice
- New Investigator Award
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Research
- Excellence in Research Mentoring Award
- Teaching Excellence Academy for Learning
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Leadership Award
Excellence in Research Mentoring Award
About this Award
The award will be announced and presented at Faculty Convocation. The awardee will be presented with a financial token of appreciation and a commemorative plaque. This award will only be given when there is a qualified candidate and does not have to be given every year.
Purpose of the Award
To honor a MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) faculty who has excelled as mentor. Mentoring could include research mentoring, professional development and research networking, and guidance on integrating teaching and research. Faculty research mentors at the associate or professor rank are eligible to be nominated by junior faculty and post docs.
- Candidates eligible for this award must hold an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level and provide mentoring and help in advancing the careers of others at IHP.
- Exhibits a strong commitment to the professional development of mentees. Regarded by colleagues as an outstanding mentor.
- Faculty research mentors are nominated by junior faculty and postdocs (mentees).
Please assemble the following items into a single PDF and email it to the Office of the Provost by April 15:
- Name, Title, School/Dept of Nominee with 250 word nomination letter that tell us why they deserve this research award. Provide specific examples that address the award criteria.
- Additional letters from mentees (4-6 letters)
- Letter of support from the Department Chair/Program Director.
- The nominee’s CV/Biosketch.