Excellence in Mentoring Award
About this Award
The award will be announced and presented at Faculty Convocation. The awardee will be presented with a financial token of appreciation and a commemorative plaque. This award will only be given when there is a qualified candidate and does not have to be given every year.
Purpose of the Award
To honor a MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) faculty who has excelled as mentor. Mentoring could include research mentoring, career and promotion advice, professional development and networking, and guidance on integrating teaching and research. Faculty research mentors at the associate or professor rank are eligible to be nominated by junior faculty/students/post docs.
- Holds an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level.
- Holds an appointment of at least 0.5 FTE.
- Provided mentoring and helped in advancing the careers of others at IHP.
The Research Operations Committee will serve as the review committee for this award.
- Mentor to IHP faculty, colleagues and students.
- Exhibits a strong commitment to the professional development of mentee(s).
- Regarded by colleagues as an outstanding mentor.
All Institute faculty, research and academic staff are eligible to nominate their colleagues for this award. The deadline for nominations is May 1:
- Nomination form (includes the nominee’s CV and a description of how the candidate meets the selection criteria for the award).