Travel Study Resources
Professor Mertie Potter with nurse practitioner students at a rural health clinic in the Dominican Republic.
In keeping with the MGH Institute’s strategic plan to produce culturally competent graduates and enhance our global engagement, the Office of the Provost seeks to facilitate study travel experiences for students.
Faculty-led trips ensure that learning objectives align with the curriculum and that participants receive qualified supervision for their clinical activities. Each faculty leader will orient students to the particular responsibilities and cultural norms of their destination.
On this page, we have collected resources for students who have been accepted into a faculty-led trip so that they can prepare for a safe, productive, and educational experience.
- Secure a passport
- Determine if you need a visa
- Enroll in TravelSafe
- Research your immunization needs
- Acquire health insurance with worldwide claims coverage
- Familiarize yourself with safety precautions
- Review the ethical challenges of short-term global health training
- Read about competencies for short-term global health training
- Blog about your experiences for the IHP Pulse